Thursday, July 17, 2008

Seaside and Astoria

Sam and Kristen and Lewis& Clark in Seaside
My new hats........just kidding!

The bridge at Longview, Wa. there are huge logging facilities on both sides of the river.
Sleepy Kristen, on the way to Astoria
Sam at one of the view points along the way
Washington from the deck in Astoria
Sam and Kristen in Seaside



Sam and Kristen are here, and we took a little tour today. We went up hwy 30 through Scapoose (Funny name for a town) and past the huge bridge at Longview, Wa. to Astoria , and Seaside. It was another fabulous day. Sunny and 70 degrees...Perfect!! Astoria looks so different in the sunshine. By the time we got to Seaside it was a little overcast and a lot cooler, it is only 20 miles from Astoria. It is a happenin' place in the summer, the shops are cool and the beach is beautiful.....It was 64 degrees and it is the 17th of July, I don't know when would be a good time to go to the beach and actually plan to sun and play in the water...............but it looks like a really fun place to take the kids. There is a merry-go-round inside this building that used to be a dance hall in the 30's and 40's. It is surrounded by shops. There are salt water taffy places all over town. There was the coolest hat shop, we went in to, Sam and Kristen bought me 2 really cute hats and 3 do-rags. It was a great day. They are so fun to be with. Tomorrow is my 3rd treatment, and I have to say that I really don't want to go.................I hate the after affects, and to know that I will only feel good for 5 days out of 21. I appreciate all of your love and support, it would be sooo hard to go through this with out you all. Thanks for everything you do!!!!

2 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

I LOVE-LOVE the hats!!! LOL You look great in both of them! I want you to take a picture of you in the real hats that they bought you. I love ya!

Susan said...

Lots of native American names in Oregon and Washington!! you live in the most beautiful part of the country, But I'm a little bias cause that's where I grew up!!! Love you !!!