Tuesday, November 30, 2010

This is one of the Odessey House homes.......it is where Jill is staying

Abby really misses Jill
Jill is looking really good. There is a light in her eyes, that wasn't there for a long time.


Jill was checking to see how my hair is coming along. I love this pic.







These pics are after the storm.







This is our first big snow. The view from my back steps.

Sorry I've been gone so long....I just haven't had anything interesting to tell you. I know that no one wants to hear all about my bazillion Dr. visits and the days I've spent in the hospital since Aug. So now it's Nov.30 , it's been almost a month since I was in the hospital, I think the Cellcept is working (new Lupus drug, NOT chemo), Dr. Bott says I'm stable, which is unusual for me......what a surprise.....I'm Murphys Law personified.. the cancer and the lupus are in remission, but my immune system is non existant, so every little bug that goes by gets me, and that's why I'm still feeling sick and weak....but I AM getting better!!! Thanks to all the faith and prayers and Priesthood Blessings in my behalf I know that I will be O.K. I appreciate all of you for remembering me in your prayers, I am so thankful for the Priesthood and foe the love and care of my Heavenly Father. I have felt His comfort, in the painful darkness of the night and the days when I am alone (which is most of them.) I love and miss my family more than words can say. Sam, Marti and Matt you have always been my best friends, and I miss that closness and the laughing till I can't breath
Jill can get mail now, her address is : Jill Petersen
C/O Odessey House
68 south 600 east
Salt Lake City, Utah 84111
Please write to her and encourage her and let her know you love her. She can do this, we have to cheer her on, forgive her and support her, that is what friends and families are for. Love y'all.
Moving on...we had a nice Thanksgiving, lonely, but nice. We're so blessed and we know that, wether it is just the 4 of us or a gang of kids and grandkids here to celebrate our gratitude and love for each other and for the tender mercies the Lord bestows on us daily
We got to see my sweet Jillie for about 5 minutes, she was so surprised that we would come to see her. She needed some socks and winter wear, tablets, pens etc. So we took them down to her. She is doing well, moved up to the next level, gets to work in the kitchen and cook for 100 people. She is a pretty good cook, she laughed when I said that, and said"I'm really good at washing dishes." I miss her, when she isn't stoned she is so much fun to be with. I can't wait to have my Jill back!
Here are some pics from T.G. week.

3 comments:

Aim said...

good to see some pics and have you back on the blog! we missed you at thanks giving! hopefully we'll get to spend some time around christmas. love you.

Mitch said...

Sorry we missed you over Thanksgiving. Hope to hook up with you soon.

Aim said...

Hey mama! I keep meaning to call you back but every time I go to pick up the phone, Emily starts crying or Jake needs help with homework or Sammy wants to read a book etc... Ya know how it is. Then by the time everything settles, it's late at night and I don't want to bother you.

So, here I am jetting you a quick note! I would LOVE any cookbooks you are giving away. I love love love cookbooks! That would be awesome. We are planning to come to your house first on our trip to Utah. We'll be there in the evening on Tues the 21st and spend the night if thats ok. Then we want to see you one more time on the way out and spend the night again on Thursday night. Trying to squeeze in as much time as we can with all the billion parents we have to see. :)

Wednesday morning I was hoping to venture to a cannery close to your house. I've never been to one and I'm wanting to learn the ropes. Where is the closest one to your house?

Also, thanks for posting pics of Jill. We think of her often. Is she allowed to have visitors while we are there? It would be nice to see her. Maybe matt and I can swing by on our way to my moms.